Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch K.R.I.T’s “Boobie Miles” video.
A central character in bestselling nonfiction book Friday Night Lights and its blockbuster film adaptation, Permian High School tail back James “Boobie” Miles exemplified the determination to win at all costs, insisting on continuing to play the game despite a torn ligament. Though his tenacity ultimately had tragic results (his injury worsened till he could no longer play), that didn’t stop him from earning the admiration of Big K.R.I.T., who takes inspiration from Miles on the lead single off his forthcoming free album. With his own smooth, sax-laced instrumental bumping in the back, the Meridian, Mississippi native (and freestyle alum) shares a series of motivational aphorisms that, while themed around the gridiron, can be generalized to fit your particular hustle. The central message? “The only difference between a winner and a loser is that a winner plays until he wins.” K.R.I.T.‘s latest full-length, #4evaNaDay, is set for release later this month. In the meantime, fans can still stream and download breakout mixtape K.R.I.T. Wuz Here for free in the Booth!
Written by richard on 02/2/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.