Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch K.R.I.T’s “Boobie Miles” video.
A central character in bestselling nonfiction book Friday Night Lights and its blockbuster film adaptation, Permian High School tail back James “Boobie” Miles exemplified the determination to win at all costs, insisting on continuing to play the game despite a torn ligament. Though his tenacity ultimately had tragic results (his injury worsened till he could no longer play), that didn’t stop him from earning the admiration of Big K.R.I.T., who takes inspiration from Miles on the lead single off his forthcoming free album. With his own smooth, sax-laced instrumental bumping in the back, the Meridian, Mississippi native (and freestyle alum) shares a series of motivational aphorisms that, while themed around the gridiron, can be generalized to fit your particular hustle. The central message? “The only difference between a winner and a loser is that a winner plays until he wins.” K.R.I.T.‘s latest full-length, #4evaNaDay, is set for release later this month. In the meantime, fans can still stream and download breakout mixtape K.R.I.T. Wuz Here for free in the Booth!
Written by richard on 02/2/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.