Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch K.R.I.T’s “Boobie Miles” video.
A central character in bestselling nonfiction book Friday Night Lights and its blockbuster film adaptation, Permian High School tail back James “Boobie” Miles exemplified the determination to win at all costs, insisting on continuing to play the game despite a torn ligament. Though his tenacity ultimately had tragic results (his injury worsened till he could no longer play), that didn’t stop him from earning the admiration of Big K.R.I.T., who takes inspiration from Miles on the lead single off his forthcoming free album. With his own smooth, sax-laced instrumental bumping in the back, the Meridian, Mississippi native (and freestyle alum) shares a series of motivational aphorisms that, while themed around the gridiron, can be generalized to fit your particular hustle. The central message? “The only difference between a winner and a loser is that a winner plays until he wins.” K.R.I.T.‘s latest full-length, #4evaNaDay, is set for release later this month. In the meantime, fans can still stream and download breakout mixtape K.R.I.T. Wuz Here for free in the Booth!
Written by richard on 02/2/12
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group / Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.