Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch K.R.I.T’s “Boobie Miles” video.
A central character in bestselling nonfiction book Friday Night Lights and its blockbuster film adaptation, Permian High School tail back James “Boobie” Miles exemplified the determination to win at all costs, insisting on continuing to play the game despite a torn ligament. Though his tenacity ultimately had tragic results (his injury worsened till he could no longer play), that didn’t stop him from earning the admiration of Big K.R.I.T., who takes inspiration from Miles on the lead single off his forthcoming free album. With his own smooth, sax-laced instrumental bumping in the back, the Meridian, Mississippi native (and freestyle alum) shares a series of motivational aphorisms that, while themed around the gridiron, can be generalized to fit your particular hustle. The central message? “The only difference between a winner and a loser is that a winner plays until he wins.” K.R.I.T.‘s latest full-length, #4evaNaDay, is set for release later this month. In the meantime, fans can still stream and download breakout mixtape K.R.I.T. Wuz Here for free in the Booth!
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.