With a forthcoming street album dropping a week from now, Big K.R.I.T. treats his fans to another single entitled American Rapstar, from the upcoming LP Return of 4Eva. Once again, Krit offers a promising preview that ensures that this album will be on the same level as his highly praised first street album K.R.I.T. Wuz Here. Producing the song himself, Krizza shows why he is such a renaissance man by laying down a smooth beat over a Marvin Gaye sample. (Cool points if you can tell me the song). Vocally the Miss. native starts the song on the narrative tip, telling the story of, obviously, an American hip-hop artist, in the process examining not only the artists who give everything in pursuit of fame, but the fans who either grant them that fame, or take it away. Giving listeners not just a song but an experience is what separates K.R.I.T. from all the other upcoming rappers. Return of 4Eva drops next Tuesday, March 22, and if this is any indication of the other records, then you can bet the external hard drive will be ready to go!
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/15/11
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.