How has Big Hud‘s life changed for the better since he quit his nine-to-five and hit the streets? You might want to pull up a chair, ‘cause this is gonna take a while. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, I Done Came Up finds project collaborator DJ Burn One flipping a woozy string sample as the Dallas spitter chronicles his triumphs in just about every arena you could think of: he’s gone “from an ugly girl to a model chick,” traded in his old ride for a new whip with leather seats, started splurging on fly clothes at Nieman Marcus, and earned the admiration of countless people who once scorned him. Fresh off the release of his Booth-hosted MFxOG tape, Mississippi’s Big SANT offers listeners a crash course in hater blocking on the middle verse. Feeling it? More awaits on Hud and Burn One’s The Long Way Home LP, scheduled to hit our front page October 23, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
Big Boie Music Group/Moton Ent/RBC Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Ride Dirty" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.