Growing up I used to recite, “me and you,…yo momma and yo cousin too…” without ever realizing what the hook actually meant. I guess I could say that was my first introduction to OutKast. Fast forward 14 years and we have one of those OutKast members, Big Boi, a.k.a Daddy Fat Sacks, a.k.a. Sir Lucious Left Foot, continuing his campaign for solo greatness. Released in July, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty has been met with rave reviews, but Big isn’t done yet, today dropping off his official Tangerine (Remix), now featuring a Yankees-style all-star lineup that adds Rick Ross and Bun B to the original guest roster of T.I. and Goodie Mob member Khujo Goodie. Although the original was stellar, the addition of the Ross and Bun only increases the record’s value, with each one contributing their own vibe over producer Terrence “Knightheet” Culbreath’s head-nodding record filled with guitar riffs, thumping drums and, of course, a tambourine. The revamped version of Tangerine can’t be found on SLLF: TSoCD, but those hungry for more juicy dopeness should find their appetites satiated by picking up the album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!