Growing up I used to recite, “me and you,…yo momma and yo cousin too…” without ever realizing what the hook actually meant. I guess I could say that was my first introduction to OutKast. Fast forward 14 years and we have one of those OutKast members, Big Boi, a.k.a Daddy Fat Sacks, a.k.a. Sir Lucious Left Foot, continuing his campaign for solo greatness. Released in July, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty has been met with rave reviews, but Big isn’t done yet, today dropping off his official Tangerine (Remix), now featuring a Yankees-style all-star lineup that adds Rick Ross and Bun B to the original guest roster of T.I. and Goodie Mob member Khujo Goodie. Although the original was stellar, the addition of the Ross and Bun only increases the record’s value, with each one contributing their own vibe over producer Terrence “Knightheet” Culbreath’s head-nodding record filled with guitar riffs, thumping drums and, of course, a tambourine. The revamped version of Tangerine can’t be found on SLLF: TSoCD, but those hungry for more juicy dopeness should find their appetites satiated by picking up the album.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.