With just one week left before the release of Big Boi’s anticipated solo album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, Andre Patton gives us one more taste before releasing the whole meal on his new single Tangerine; this time bringing along two of Atlanta’s vets in T.I. and Khujo from Goodie Mob. If you weren’t ready salivating to buy the album before, this track’s more than juicy enough to whet your appetite. With production by Knightheat, the beat somehow sounds like a mix between a Nirvana song and joint you’d hear at a classy strip club. I don’t know how it works, but it does. Going with the theme of the beat, T.I. and Big Boi lyrically put the parental advisory sticker to use with some lines about seducing the opposite sex. Showcasing an almost completely different style than past offerings Shutterbug and General Patton, Tangerine once again proves Big Boi’s sonic diversity knows no bounds. So Booth-heads, will this song go on that “she’s coming over” playlist on the iPod?
Written by JRTheWriter on 06/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.