With just one week left before the release of Big Boi’s anticipated solo album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, Andre Patton gives us one more taste before releasing the whole meal on his new single Tangerine; this time bringing along two of Atlanta’s vets in T.I. and Khujo from Goodie Mob. If you weren’t ready salivating to buy the album before, this track’s more than juicy enough to whet your appetite. With production by Knightheat, the beat somehow sounds like a mix between a Nirvana song and joint you’d hear at a classy strip club. I don’t know how it works, but it does. Going with the theme of the beat, T.I. and Big Boi lyrically put the parental advisory sticker to use with some lines about seducing the opposite sex. Showcasing an almost completely different style than past offerings Shutterbug and General Patton, Tangerine once again proves Big Boi’s sonic diversity knows no bounds. So Booth-heads, will this song go on that “she’s coming over” playlist on the iPod?
Written by JRTheWriter on 06/29/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)