I know it may seem like we’ve been hearing a lot from Big Boi lately, but the truth is the only non-guest work we’ve heard from the Outkast alum in the last six months was the funkdafied Fo Yo Sorrows. Well, thanks to a one-off deal with Def Jam Big’s fantastically named Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty album is back on track, and that means we should be hearing more new music like Shutterbug soon. Featuring some of the best Scott Storch production we’ve heard in a minute – talk about covering a lot of sonic ground – Shutterbug is Big Boi at his eclectically rhyming best, quickly alternating between old school Soul II Soul references (“back to life, back to reality…”) and street laced boasts. Only one man could pull of a lyrical performance like that, and his name is Sir Luscious Left Foot. If the rest of The Son of Chico Dusty sounds this fresh and clean, we might be looking at a new school classic on May 4.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.