Just a couple weeks after dropping his crazy fresh first single Fo Yo Sorrows, one-half of legendary Outkast crew Big Boi is back with his next track, Shine Blockers. Shine is an appropriately gleaming cut featuring production from DJ Cut Master Swift that seamlessly alternates between gospel samples and riding southern percussion, the perfect backdrop for Big Boi to drop his abstract-street rhyme style: “With my southern drawl awkwardly I spray, like the backside of a skunk, in the stashhouse with the pump.” And then there’s Gucci Mane, who makes roughly his 759 guest appearance in the last month with an eminently forgettable verse. I’ve got to believe even the most ardent Gucci lovers are starting to get tired at this point. Shine Blockers isn’t a single - yet, but it could be if the Booth rates it high enough. The fate of the track is in your hands my friends. Act wisely. Big Boi’s upcoming solo debut Sir Lucious Leftfoot: Son of Chico Dusty currently has no release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!