Starting in late January, Big Boi‘s been building steam for his busy 2014 by releasing weekly remixes/mash-ups of cuts off his sophomore full-length, Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors. Coming on the heels of the reader-approved CPU 2.0 and GossipZilla, the series’ third and latest installment, Run th3 World, finds Dungeoneze putting a reggae spin on General Patton’s Shoes for Running. To back the headliner’s masterfully-flowed reflections on income inequality and political unrest, as well as B.o.B‘s boastful guest 16, the beatsmith also known as DJ Dark Fader borrows a chord progression from How Can You, a ‘70s classic by Jamaican vets Third World. John “Wavves” Hill, producer of the record’s original version, reprises his role as hookman. Keep it locked for further installments in Big Boi’s Mash Up Mondays series, as well as details on his junior solo set and Outkast‘s forthcoming reunion LP.
Written by richard on 02/10/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)