Starting in late January, Big Boi‘s been building steam for his busy 2014 by releasing weekly remixes/mash-ups of cuts off his sophomore full-length, Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors. Coming on the heels of the reader-approved CPU 2.0 and GossipZilla, the series’ third and latest installment, Run th3 World, finds Dungeoneze putting a reggae spin on General Patton’s Shoes for Running. To back the headliner’s masterfully-flowed reflections on income inequality and political unrest, as well as B.o.B‘s boastful guest 16, the beatsmith also known as DJ Dark Fader borrows a chord progression from How Can You, a ‘70s classic by Jamaican vets Third World. John “Wavves” Hill, producer of the record’s original version, reprises his role as hookman. Keep it locked for further installments in Big Boi’s Mash Up Mondays series, as well as details on his junior solo set and Outkast‘s forthcoming reunion LP.
Written by richard on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.