Starting in late January, Big Boi‘s been building steam for his busy 2014 by releasing weekly remixes/mash-ups of cuts off his sophomore full-length, Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors. Coming on the heels of the reader-approved CPU 2.0 and GossipZilla, the series’ third and latest installment, Run th3 World, finds Dungeoneze putting a reggae spin on General Patton’s Shoes for Running. To back the headliner’s masterfully-flowed reflections on income inequality and political unrest, as well as B.o.B‘s boastful guest 16, the beatsmith also known as DJ Dark Fader borrows a chord progression from How Can You, a ‘70s classic by Jamaican vets Third World. John “Wavves” Hill, producer of the record’s original version, reprises his role as hookman. Keep it locked for further installments in Big Boi’s Mash Up Mondays series, as well as details on his junior solo set and Outkast‘s forthcoming reunion LP.
Written by richard on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.