On March 18, Big Boi brought #MashUpMondays to an end with Part Time Hater. April Fools! He was actually just taking a week off. Yesterday, the Outkast member unexpectedly resurrected the series with a Paul McCartney-inspired remix of Vicious Lies lead single Mama Told Me. DJ Dark Fader replaces Chris Caramouche‘s original beat, a flip of Prince’s Automatic, with a bouncy, guitar-led groove drawn from Wings’ 1973 cut, Mrs. Vandebilt. In addition, this revamp packs a new guest feature: synth-pop group Little Dragon, who co-wrote the record with Big Boi but were left off the album version for business reasons, are restored to their rightful place on the hook. (Their replacement, Kelly Rowland, is still featured on the bridge.) Could more #MashUpMondays releases be on their way? Guess you’ll just have to stay tuned to the Booth and find out.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)