On March 18, Big Boi brought #MashUpMondays to an end with Part Time Hater. April Fools! He was actually just taking a week off. Yesterday, the Outkast member unexpectedly resurrected the series with a Paul McCartney-inspired remix of Vicious Lies lead single Mama Told Me. DJ Dark Fader replaces Chris Caramouche‘s original beat, a flip of Prince’s Automatic, with a bouncy, guitar-led groove drawn from Wings’ 1973 cut, Mrs. Vandebilt. In addition, this revamp packs a new guest feature: synth-pop group Little Dragon, who co-wrote the record with Big Boi but were left off the album version for business reasons, are restored to their rightful place on the hook. (Their replacement, Kelly Rowland, is still featured on the bridge.) Could more #MashUpMondays releases be on their way? Guess you’ll just have to stay tuned to the Booth and find out.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.