On March 18, Big Boi brought #MashUpMondays to an end with Part Time Hater. April Fools! He was actually just taking a week off. Yesterday, the Outkast member unexpectedly resurrected the series with a Paul McCartney-inspired remix of Vicious Lies lead single Mama Told Me. DJ Dark Fader replaces Chris Caramouche‘s original beat, a flip of Prince’s Automatic, with a bouncy, guitar-led groove drawn from Wings’ 1973 cut, Mrs. Vandebilt. In addition, this revamp packs a new guest feature: synth-pop group Little Dragon, who co-wrote the record with Big Boi but were left off the album version for business reasons, are restored to their rightful place on the hook. (Their replacement, Kelly Rowland, is still featured on the bridge.) Could more #MashUpMondays releases be on their way? Guess you’ll just have to stay tuned to the Booth and find out.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.