UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the brand new visuals for Mama Told Me. Mobile users can scroll down.
Whether I’m framing a painting, attempting to cook, or doing my taxes, whenever I have a question that a quick Google search can’t resolve, I almost always turn to my mom for advice—and she hasn’t failed me yet. On Mama Told Me, the follow-up to freaky lead single She Said OK, Big Boi shares a few of the lessons he learned from the woman who birthed him. Fresh off collaborating with Spree Wilson on yesterday’s Right One | Wrong Time, The Flush provides a catchy electro-funk backdrop for the Outkast alum’s characteristically intricate, yet engaging flows. Kelly Rowland ties the package together with a smooth, tuneful chorus. Has General Patton outdone himself with this one? Those leaning toward the affirmative will be able to find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors EP, coming November 13, via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 11/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.