UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the brand new visuals for Mama Told Me. Mobile users can scroll down.
Whether I’m framing a painting, attempting to cook, or doing my taxes, whenever I have a question that a quick Google search can’t resolve, I almost always turn to my mom for advice—and she hasn’t failed me yet. On Mama Told Me, the follow-up to freaky lead single She Said OK, Big Boi shares a few of the lessons he learned from the woman who birthed him. Fresh off collaborating with Spree Wilson on yesterday’s Right One | Wrong Time, The Flush provides a catchy electro-funk backdrop for the Outkast alum’s characteristically intricate, yet engaging flows. Kelly Rowland ties the package together with a smooth, tuneful chorus. Has General Patton outdone himself with this one? Those leaning toward the affirmative will be able to find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors EP, coming November 13, via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 11/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.