If label politics didn’t stop artists from making the music they want, with whoever they want, the hip-hop game – and, by extension, the world – would be better for off. Till that utopia becomes a reality, though, you can count on the Booth to bring you all the cuts that, for whatever reason, didn’t make the cut… like this new Jedi Remix of the freaky Lookin’ for Ya, a joint left off Big Boi‘s latest solo LP thanks to the presence of Outkast partner-in-rhyme Andre 3000. For this remake, Boi-1da‘s synth-sizzling instrumental is retained, as is Sleepy Brown‘s smooth chorus. So, what is new? The verses, of course; both Daddy Fat Stacks and André Benjamin drop new bars every bit as twisty, turny, witty and engaging as those on the original. The highlight? I’ll let you decide for yourselves – though, I have to admit, hearing 3K work in a reference to ‘70s yacht-rockers Steely Dan absolutely made my day. As mentioned above, neither the original nor this remix was included on the massively acclaimed Sir Lucious Left Foot, but those who want a copy of this version need simply click the download link below.
Written by richard on 09/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.