If label politics didn’t stop artists from making the music they want, with whoever they want, the hip-hop game – and, by extension, the world – would be better for off. Till that utopia becomes a reality, though, you can count on the Booth to bring you all the cuts that, for whatever reason, didn’t make the cut… like this new Jedi Remix of the freaky Lookin’ for Ya, a joint left off Big Boi‘s latest solo LP thanks to the presence of Outkast partner-in-rhyme Andre 3000. For this remake, Boi-1da‘s synth-sizzling instrumental is retained, as is Sleepy Brown‘s smooth chorus. So, what is new? The verses, of course; both Daddy Fat Stacks and André Benjamin drop new bars every bit as twisty, turny, witty and engaging as those on the original. The highlight? I’ll let you decide for yourselves – though, I have to admit, hearing 3K work in a reference to ‘70s yacht-rockers Steely Dan absolutely made my day. As mentioned above, neither the original nor this remix was included on the massively acclaimed Sir Lucious Left Foot, but those who want a copy of this version need simply click the download link below.
Written by richard on 09/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.