Big Boi and Andre 3000 essentially invented the art of genre-bending back in the Outkast days, so it’s only fitting that the ATL legend would continue to push sonic boundaries on his new single Lines. For the beat long time production partners Organized Noize craft an eclectic beat that’s part rock, part Southern rider and all dope. With a beat like that Sir Lucious had to feel obligated to travel far and wide for his guest features, adding an opening verse from Harlem’s A$AP Rocky and vocals from indie rock’s Phantograms to his own always on point rhymes. With a single like this I think we can expect Big Boi to continue to ignore boundaries on his upcoming album Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors, due out December 11.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)