Big Boi and Andre 3000 essentially invented the art of genre-bending back in the Outkast days, so it’s only fitting that the ATL legend would continue to push sonic boundaries on his new single Lines. For the beat long time production partners Organized Noize craft an eclectic beat that’s part rock, part Southern rider and all dope. With a beat like that Sir Lucious had to feel obligated to travel far and wide for his guest features, adding an opening verse from Harlem’s A$AP Rocky and vocals from indie rock’s Phantograms to his own always on point rhymes. With a single like this I think we can expect Big Boi to continue to ignore boundaries on his upcoming album Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors, due out December 11.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/9/12
Over the last few weeks, as the release of Big Boi’s Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors drew nearer, I found myself having more and more conversations about Big Boi’s legacy, and by extension Outkast and Andre 3000. Almost...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.