Big Boi and Andre 3000 essentially invented the art of genre-bending back in the Outkast days, so it’s only fitting that the ATL legend would continue to push sonic boundaries on his new single Lines. For the beat long time production partners Organized Noize craft an eclectic beat that’s part rock, part Southern rider and all dope. With a beat like that Sir Lucious had to feel obligated to travel far and wide for his guest features, adding an opening verse from Harlem’s A$AP Rocky and vocals from indie rock’s Phantograms to his own always on point rhymes. With a single like this I think we can expect Big Boi to continue to ignore boundaries on his upcoming album Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors, due out December 11.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.