Big Boi and Andre 3000 essentially invented the art of genre-bending back in the Outkast days, so it’s only fitting that the ATL legend would continue to push sonic boundaries on his new single Lines. For the beat long time production partners Organized Noize craft an eclectic beat that’s part rock, part Southern rider and all dope. With a beat like that Sir Lucious had to feel obligated to travel far and wide for his guest features, adding an opening verse from Harlem’s A$AP Rocky and vocals from indie rock’s Phantograms to his own always on point rhymes. With a single like this I think we can expect Big Boi to continue to ignore boundaries on his upcoming album Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors, due out December 11.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.