Ever listened to Lines, the A$AP Rocky-assisted standout off Big Boi‘s sophomore LP, and said to yourself, “This would sound great if you crossed it with A-Ha‘s Take on Me.”? I sure as hell have not, but the thought apparently crossed DJ Dark Fader‘s mind. Now that he’s brought the idea to life, I have to admit he has a point. The seventh weekly entry in General Patton’s Mash-Up Monday series, Lanes sees Dungeoneze slicing and dicing the 1985 synth-pop hit into an irresistibly catchy backdrop for the headliner’s rhymes, as well as those of his Harlem-repping counterpart. It’s the hook, however, that benefits most from the change of aural scenery; Phantogram frontwoman Sarah Carter‘s vocal harmonies mesh seamlessly with the sampled backdrop. Check back with us next Monday for the penultimate installment of Mash Up Mondays, and keep it locked for all the latest on Big Boi’s forthcoming albums, both solo and with Outkast partner-in-rhyme Andre 3k.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.