As we enter into the final third of #MashUpMondays, the series’ stellar track record has yet to be tarnished by a single sub-par cut. Will Big Boi be able to bring it home on an equally high note? My vote is yes; judging by the seventh and latest entry, he seems to be saving the best for last. Unlike previous installments, King Sh!t bears a title unrelated to its source material, but it is most assuredly fit for royalty. Vicious Lies street single In the A, originally produced by Showdown, DJ Aries and Black Owned C Bone, is the prototype this time around. Dungeoneze transplants Big Boi, Luda and T.I.‘s motormouthed verses into an atmospheric, hard-hitting backdrop sampled from electronic duo Kito & Reiji Lee‘s Run for Cover. Better than the album version? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Either way, keep checking back with us each Monday for the final #MashUpMonday releases.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)