As we enter into the final third of #MashUpMondays, the series’ stellar track record has yet to be tarnished by a single sub-par cut. Will Big Boi be able to bring it home on an equally high note? My vote is yes; judging by the seventh and latest entry, he seems to be saving the best for last. Unlike previous installments, King Sh!t bears a title unrelated to its source material, but it is most assuredly fit for royalty. Vicious Lies street single In the A, originally produced by Showdown, DJ Aries and Black Owned C Bone, is the prototype this time around. Dungeoneze transplants Big Boi, Luda and T.I.‘s motormouthed verses into an atmospheric, hard-hitting backdrop sampled from electronic duo Kito & Reiji Lee‘s Run for Cover. Better than the album version? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Either way, keep checking back with us each Monday for the final #MashUpMonday releases.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.