As we enter into the final third of #MashUpMondays, the series’ stellar track record has yet to be tarnished by a single sub-par cut. Will Big Boi be able to bring it home on an equally high note? My vote is yes; judging by the seventh and latest entry, he seems to be saving the best for last. Unlike previous installments, King Sh!t bears a title unrelated to its source material, but it is most assuredly fit for royalty. Vicious Lies street single In the A, originally produced by Showdown, DJ Aries and Black Owned C Bone, is the prototype this time around. Dungeoneze transplants Big Boi, Luda and T.I.‘s motormouthed verses into an atmospheric, hard-hitting backdrop sampled from electronic duo Kito & Reiji Lee‘s Run for Cover. Better than the album version? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Either way, keep checking back with us each Monday for the final #MashUpMonday releases.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.