As we enter into the final third of #MashUpMondays, the series’ stellar track record has yet to be tarnished by a single sub-par cut. Will Big Boi be able to bring it home on an equally high note? My vote is yes; judging by the seventh and latest entry, he seems to be saving the best for last. Unlike previous installments, King Sh!t bears a title unrelated to its source material, but it is most assuredly fit for royalty. Vicious Lies street single In the A, originally produced by Showdown, DJ Aries and Black Owned C Bone, is the prototype this time around. Dungeoneze transplants Big Boi, Luda and T.I.‘s motormouthed verses into an atmospheric, hard-hitting backdrop sampled from electronic duo Kito & Reiji Lee‘s Run for Cover. Better than the album version? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Either way, keep checking back with us each Monday for the final #MashUpMonday releases.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.