Peanut butter wouldn’t be complete without jelly, New Year’s Eve isn’t complete without champagne, and a Big Boi album wouldn’t be complete without an ATL banger. Problem solved. New street single In the A makes a late bid for banger of the year, thanks in no small part to a marching, adrenaline fueled beat from Showdown, DJ Aries and Black Owned C-Bone. Of course even the best beat wouldn’t be anything without some dope rhymes - In the A‘s got you covered there as well. T.I. kicks off the festivities with a rapid fire opening verse, Big Boi appropriately owns the track on a middle verse and Ludacris rounds out the All-Star ATL cast on the tail end. Damn…I can’t imagine you needed another reason to check out Big’s Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors album when it drops December 11, but if you did, here it is.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Big Boi’s Alexi Papalexopoulos-directed In The A visual.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.