Peanut butter wouldn’t be complete without jelly, New Year’s Eve isn’t complete without champagne, and a Big Boi album wouldn’t be complete without an ATL banger. Problem solved. New street single In the A makes a late bid for banger of the year, thanks in no small part to a marching, adrenaline fueled beat from Showdown, DJ Aries and Black Owned C-Bone. Of course even the best beat wouldn’t be anything without some dope rhymes - In the A‘s got you covered there as well. T.I. kicks off the festivities with a rapid fire opening verse, Big Boi appropriately owns the track on a middle verse and Ludacris rounds out the All-Star ATL cast on the tail end. Damn…I can’t imagine you needed another reason to check out Big’s Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors album when it drops December 11, but if you did, here it is.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Big Boi’s Alexi Papalexopoulos-directed In The A visual.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.