Last week, Big Boi wowed listeners in the Booth and beyond with CPU 2.0, a new version of the Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors inclusion featuring a fresh instrumental and some silken vocals by Sade. Inviting Miss Adu to do her thing over a smoothed-out beat like the one Dungeoneze concocted for that remix was pretty much a no-brainer. By contrast, the newly-released GossipZilla is a little more off-the-wall. While Big Boi’s verses are retained from the reader-acclaimed original, as are Big K.R.I.T. and UGK‘s guest rhymes, the production has undergone a radical makeover. In place of Organized Noize‘s minimal backdrop, DJ Dark Fader crafts a crunchy, metal-infused groove, borrowing his beat’s stomping percussion and distorted guitar riffs from the Blue Oyster Cult‘s 1977 classic, Godzilla. How does this adventurous mash-up compare to its prototype? That, my friends, is for you to decide. GossipZilla is the third of nine Big Boi remixes slated to drop in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for further highlights in the ongoing series.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.