Growing up on the east coast, I’ve always enjoyed the dopely eclectic work Atlanta has been putting out for over a decade now (it’s hard to imagine another place where artists like Ludacris, Cee-Lo, and Outkast could come from). ATLien Big Boi resides on the edgier side of southern hip-hop, and General Patton is a prime example of why this veteran of the game commands such respect. J Beatz (from Boom Boom Room Productions) puts down a half military ceremony/half Empire Strikes Back, lightsaber duel production that Big Boi, and feature guest Big Rube, use to spit supremely fresh rhymes about about Jesus, their talent - “We killing everything that we attack, special forces of the rap game so you best take heed of that” - and even David Blaine (who knew?). While you won’t be hearing this heavy hitter on the radio (it’s not a single, just an album cut), it has me almost insanely anxious to hear Big Boi’s upcoming album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, due to invade our speakers like General Patton on July 6.
Listen to More: Big Boi
Written by Sigurd on 06/6/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.