OutKast’s Big Boi is not just known for his rhymes; he’s got loads of crazy nicknames, like Francis the Savannah Chitlin’ Pimp. He recently added another alias to his collection, with the title of his impending solo debut, Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. The always-creative ATLien has also reached out to the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, Mary J. Blige, for a collaboration on the disc’s second single, Sumthin’s Gotta Give. Beatmaker Malay supplies soulful guitar twangs and sliding synths that allow Mary’s sorrow-tinged vocals and Big Boi’s steady rhymes to mesh. The duo trade stories of the woes common to everyone in America, from job losses to the government’s failure to help those in need. Will the public relate to the stories that Big Boi and Mary have to tell? Find out when Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty drops in late summer.
Written by Carly on 07/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)