OutKast’s Big Boi is not just known for his rhymes; he’s got loads of crazy nicknames, like Francis the Savannah Chitlin’ Pimp. He recently added another alias to his collection, with the title of his impending solo debut, Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. The always-creative ATLien has also reached out to the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, Mary J. Blige, for a collaboration on the disc’s second single, Sumthin’s Gotta Give. Beatmaker Malay supplies soulful guitar twangs and sliding synths that allow Mary’s sorrow-tinged vocals and Big Boi’s steady rhymes to mesh. The duo trade stories of the woes common to everyone in America, from job losses to the government’s failure to help those in need. Will the public relate to the stories that Big Boi and Mary have to tell? Find out when Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty drops in late summer.
Written by Carly on 07/30/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.