In the legendarily dynamic duo that is Outkast, Andre 3K was always the more experimental part of the equation, but Big Boi has obviously learned some tricks from his ATLien brother on his new track, Fo Yo Sorrows. A seriously blunted cut that alternates between music box melodies, spacey synths and rapid fire high-hat percussion, Sorrows also features contributions from the funkfather George Clinton and Bay Area staple Too Short (“bi**h!”). As always, Big Boi’s simply on another level. These other rappers should be embarrassed. Big Boi recently signed with Grand Hustle Management, but his fantastically titled upcoming album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty currently has no distributor or release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.