In the legendarily dynamic duo that is Outkast, Andre 3K was always the more experimental part of the equation, but Big Boi has obviously learned some tricks from his ATLien brother on his new track, Fo Yo Sorrows. A seriously blunted cut that alternates between music box melodies, spacey synths and rapid fire high-hat percussion, Sorrows also features contributions from the funkfather George Clinton and Bay Area staple Too Short (“bi**h!”). As always, Big Boi’s simply on another level. These other rappers should be embarrassed. Big Boi recently signed with Grand Hustle Management, but his fantastically titled upcoming album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty currently has no distributor or release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)