In the legendarily dynamic duo that is Outkast, Andre 3K was always the more experimental part of the equation, but Big Boi has obviously learned some tricks from his ATLien brother on his new track, Fo Yo Sorrows. A seriously blunted cut that alternates between music box melodies, spacey synths and rapid fire high-hat percussion, Sorrows also features contributions from the funkfather George Clinton and Bay Area staple Too Short (“bi**h!”). As always, Big Boi’s simply on another level. These other rappers should be embarrassed. Big Boi recently signed with Grand Hustle Management, but his fantastically titled upcoming album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty currently has no distributor or release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.