In the legendarily dynamic duo that is Outkast, Andre 3K was always the more experimental part of the equation, but Big Boi has obviously learned some tricks from his ATLien brother on his new track, Fo Yo Sorrows. A seriously blunted cut that alternates between music box melodies, spacey synths and rapid fire high-hat percussion, Sorrows also features contributions from the funkfather George Clinton and Bay Area staple Too Short (“bi**h!”). As always, Big Boi’s simply on another level. These other rappers should be embarrassed. Big Boi recently signed with Grand Hustle Management, but his fantastically titled upcoming album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty currently has no distributor or release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.