What’s Big Boi doing on a track with YouTube viral sensation Epic Meal Time? After watching the A-town mainstay’s latest music video, I still have no f**king idea. Unusual as Apple of My Eye might be in concept, though, it’s tough to argue with the execution. Mr. DJ‘s compulsively booty-shaking electro-funk production, complete with live brass, sets the mood as Antwan André Patton discourses on human sexuality in a characteristically agile, twisty flow. NYC singer/producer Jake Troth lends his vocals to the record’s hook, and Trevor Kane directs the official visuals, complete with a newly-added introductory skit co-starring Canadian gourmand Harley Morenstein. For Apple of My Eye, previously-featured singles, Gossip, She Said OK and Mama Told Me and much more, cop Big Boi’s Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors LP, out now via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 03/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Flush ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.