Damn—has it really been more than three-and-a-half years since 40 Glocc last stepped into the Booth with a fresh solo feature? To answer my own question: yes, indeed it has. One thousand, six hundred and five days after stepping into the Booth with Streetz Won’t Let Down, the former G-Unit signee returns with a new name, Big Bad 40, and an updated sound. On album lead single Electric Lady, the West Coast representative pays tribute to a woman who’s (in the words of heavyweight hookman Cee-Lo Green) “so hot she’s got [him] on fire.” Over Famous’ upbeat, handclap-laced soul-rock grooves, 40 waxes poetic about a female whose free spirit and quick wit perfectly complement his ‘hood style: “We’re from two different worlds, but we the best of both / She like dancing on tables, lookin so sexual…” Chipping in on the penultimate verse, Cee-Lo offers a more cryptic take on said female’s charms: “She’s cool as a flame… caught out in the rain.” So, readers, are you digging the headliner’s fresh, new style? Then you can look forward to more bangers where this came from on New World Agenda, scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers October 25.
Written by richard on 09/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Me Borrow You ft. Akon" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.