OK, raise your hand if reading the title of Bianca Leonor made you open a new tab and YouTube Destiny’s Child real quick? (My hand is up.) It’s a bold move for an up-and-coming singer to give a single the same title as one of the most beloved R&B songs of all time but, all comparisons aside, the cut is more than able to stand on its own merits. A pop-appealing synth beat by Mick Shultz, Leonor’s label boss and the aural architect behind Jeremih‘s sound, backs the artist as she delivers seductive verses and a catchy, full-voiced chorus. Fans will be able to find Say My Name and much more on Bianca Leonor’s self-titled studio debut, scheduled for release this fall.
Written by richard on 01/11/13
Mick Schultz Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.