OK, raise your hand if reading the title of Bianca Leonor made you open a new tab and YouTube Destiny’s Child real quick? (My hand is up.) It’s a bold move for an up-and-coming singer to give a single the same title as one of the most beloved R&B songs of all time but, all comparisons aside, the cut is more than able to stand on its own merits. A pop-appealing synth beat by Mick Shultz, Leonor’s label boss and the aural architect behind Jeremih‘s sound, backs the artist as she delivers seductive verses and a catchy, full-voiced chorus. Fans will be able to find Say My Name and much more on Bianca Leonor’s self-titled studio debut, scheduled for release this fall.
Written by richard on 01/11/13
Submit your Rating
Mick Schultz Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.