After numerous mixtapes (both solo and with the Chopper City Boyz), B.G. has gone back to promoting his long-awaited return to the majors, Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood. Since his Scott Storch-produced For A Minute didn’t pick up much steam on the charts or inside our DJ Booth, the New Orleans veteran has a backup plan for his forthcoming second single. In the meantime, however, B.G. and his label have sent us a little something special. Over production from Oddz & Endz, B. Gizzle offers up his signature blend of ‘street cred’ and ‘real talk’ on the new album cut, Keep It 100. Adding to the song’s ‘hood epic’ feel is singer Magnolia Chop, who has often been referred to as New Orleans’s version of Nate Dogg. Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood is currently set to drop by summer’s end.
Written by Burmy on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.