If there are two themes B.G.‘s post-Cash Money career has been focused on, they are street credibility and staying true. Not surprisingly, a new track called Keep It Real has made its way inside the DJBooth and will appear on the emcee’s second album with his Chopper City Boyz, Life In The Concrete Jungle. Ready to show their authenticity (and expose a few fakes along the way), Snipe and Gar benefit from Geezy’s close ties to the Grand Hustle camp and are joined by Alfamega on the song’s closing verse. For anyone planning to negatively critique, Keep It Real is not intended as a single; rather, it’s an album track for their heavy fanbase in the streets, who will likely pick up a copy of Concrete Jungle when it is released on September 23.
Written by Burmy on 08/19/08
Submit your Rating
Chopper City Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bubblegum ft. Chopper City Boyz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.