Hold on to your hats! Back to the Money, the lead single off B.G.‘s 11th studio album, has received… drumroll, please… a remix! OK, OK, this might not be as “unexpected” as the artist claims in the intro but still, fans of the Cash Money rapper should find the latest version of the track a pleasant non-surprise. This time around, Baby Gangster and hookman Magnolia Chop are joined by everyone’s favorite (adoptive) father-son team; Weezy F. laces his verse with the most creative (“interview/linen suit/lemon juice”) and least creative (“motherf*cker/motherf*cker”) rhymes I’ve heard all day, while Birdman comes with the same brand of love-it-or-hate it lyrical stunting we’ve come to expect. While I would be surprised if this revamp converted anyone who didn’t dig the original, the added star power certainly doesn’t hurt the record’s appeal – what do you think, Booth readers? Whatever your take on the matter, you can find plenty more where this came from on the N.O. native’s Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood LP, released last December and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 05/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)