Hold on to your hats! Back to the Money, the lead single off B.G.‘s 11th studio album, has received… drumroll, please… a remix! OK, OK, this might not be as “unexpected” as the artist claims in the intro but still, fans of the Cash Money rapper should find the latest version of the track a pleasant non-surprise. This time around, Baby Gangster and hookman Magnolia Chop are joined by everyone’s favorite (adoptive) father-son team; Weezy F. laces his verse with the most creative (“interview/linen suit/lemon juice”) and least creative (“motherf*cker/motherf*cker”) rhymes I’ve heard all day, while Birdman comes with the same brand of love-it-or-hate it lyrical stunting we’ve come to expect. While I would be surprised if this revamp converted anyone who didn’t dig the original, the added star power certainly doesn’t hurt the record’s appeal – what do you think, Booth readers? Whatever your take on the matter, you can find plenty more where this came from on the N.O. native’s Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood LP, released last December and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 05/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Top Back (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.