Mick Marx and Sur Jazz of Booth-newcoming crew Beyond Modern don’t just aspire to be hip-hop stars; on their latest single, making its world premiere along with 1st Impressions‘s risqué visuals, they also lay claim to the title of sex symbols. A classic 2 Live Crew sample (“Facedown, ass-up!”) set the tone for Marx’s relentlessly freaky verses, delivered over his partner’s grainy synth-bass and thundering percussion. So, Booth readers, was it good for you? Those who answer to the affirmative should watch our pages for the latest on Beyond Modern’s Distorted Reality LP, scheduled for independent release before the year is out.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.