Mick Marx and Sur Jazz of Booth-newcoming crew Beyond Modern don’t just aspire to be hip-hop stars; on their latest single, making its world premiere along with 1st Impressions‘s risqué visuals, they also lay claim to the title of sex symbols. A classic 2 Live Crew sample (“Facedown, ass-up!”) set the tone for Marx’s relentlessly freaky verses, delivered over his partner’s grainy synth-bass and thundering percussion. So, Booth readers, was it good for you? Those who answer to the affirmative should watch our pages for the latest on Beyond Modern’s Distorted Reality LP, scheduled for independent release before the year is out.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.