Has it really been eight months since a certain Rockaway native last graced our pages? That’s (wait for it) Beyond Belief! Jokes aside, it’s been far too long; thus, we’re bringing the freestyle series alumnus “back by popular demand” with an exclusive world premiere. The latest single off B.B.‘s forthcoming LP finds K-Salaam & Beatnick serving up a smooth, slow-rolling funk groove as the emcee showcases skills untarnished since last he stepped into the Booth. Bobby J’s retro-informed flows and his dazzling pen game are both in full effect throughout his fast-paced bars, which come packed with picturesque trash-talk and polysyllabically-rhymed braggadocio: “Nice like Jigga but I was born to be a novelist / Christlike figure, bring the dawn of the apocalypse.” Needless to say, this selection should fulfill its intended purpose of getting people talking – from his fans in the Booth and from the smack-talking bloggers he skewers in his rhymes (not that there’s much to hate). The former should keep it locked for release details on Beyond Belief’s forthcoming set, as well as check out DJBoothTV-exclusive premiere of this cut’s official video, playing now.
Written by richard on 04/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Touch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.