Has it really been eight months since a certain Rockaway native last graced our pages? That’s (wait for it) Beyond Belief! Jokes aside, it’s been far too long; thus, we’re bringing the freestyle series alumnus “back by popular demand” with an exclusive world premiere. The latest single off B.B.‘s forthcoming LP finds K-Salaam & Beatnick serving up a smooth, slow-rolling funk groove as the emcee showcases skills untarnished since last he stepped into the Booth. Bobby J’s retro-informed flows and his dazzling pen game are both in full effect throughout his fast-paced bars, which come packed with picturesque trash-talk and polysyllabically-rhymed braggadocio: “Nice like Jigga but I was born to be a novelist / Christlike figure, bring the dawn of the apocalypse.” Needless to say, this selection should fulfill its intended purpose of getting people talking – from his fans in the Booth and from the smack-talking bloggers he skewers in his rhymes (not that there’s much to hate). The former should keep it locked for release details on Beyond Belief’s forthcoming set, as well as check out DJBoothTV-exclusive premiere of this cut’s official video, playing now.
Written by richard on 04/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Touch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.