Has it really been eight months since a certain Rockaway native last graced our pages? That’s (wait for it) Beyond Belief! Jokes aside, it’s been far too long; thus, we’re bringing the freestyle series alumnus “back by popular demand” with an exclusive world premiere. The latest single off B.B.‘s forthcoming LP finds K-Salaam & Beatnick serving up a smooth, slow-rolling funk groove as the emcee showcases skills untarnished since last he stepped into the Booth. Bobby J’s retro-informed flows and his dazzling pen game are both in full effect throughout his fast-paced bars, which come packed with picturesque trash-talk and polysyllabically-rhymed braggadocio: “Nice like Jigga but I was born to be a novelist / Christlike figure, bring the dawn of the apocalypse.” Needless to say, this selection should fulfill its intended purpose of getting people talking – from his fans in the Booth and from the smack-talking bloggers he skewers in his rhymes (not that there’s much to hate). The former should keep it locked for release details on Beyond Belief’s forthcoming set, as well as check out DJBoothTV-exclusive premiere of this cut’s official video, playing now.
Written by richard on 04/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Touch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)