Beyond Belief is a hard artist to pin down – though many of our readers were lukewarm on the Kwame protégé‘s hard-partying debut single, Don’t Touch, the exclusive freestyle we premiered a few months later saw him shedding the fratboy feel of his first Booth feature to let his hyperliterate side shine (how many other emcees drop references to Oedipus Rex?). On mixtape cut Bobby Meets Bless, Beyond Belief’s verbal agility and extensive vocabulary once again take center stage as he spits a seemingly endless series of polysyllabic rhymes and oddball references (“So many rappers on my nuts it’s got my testicles chafed/ I’m hungry like I’m Terri Schaivo in a vegetable state.”) over Veterano‘s Tubular Bells-esque beat. Fellow NYC native Nino Bless takes over on the track’s back end, contributing a more aggressive but equally allusive closing verse. The Bobby J. from Rockaway mixtape is scheduled to drop this Tuesday, the 10th.
Written by richard on 02/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Touch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.