No need for too much background info here, except to announce the following: ladies and gentlemen, Beyoncé is back! Ready to release her third studio album, I Am…, on November 18, the Houston native premiered two singles yesterday; in addition to If I Were A Boy (which will be featured in the Booth tomorrow), she has released Single Ladies. The record, which many suspected to be an ‘empowerment anthem,’ finds Mrs. Carter stressing to the women of the world not to stay single for long. The instructions she provides are a hint for the single fellas to take notice and Put A Ring On It. Known to model her material after her own life experiences, Bey did get a certain hip-hop mogul to put a ring on her finger—one with an estimated value of $5,000,000.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.