No need for too much background info here, except to announce the following: ladies and gentlemen, Beyoncé is back! Ready to release her third studio album, I Am…, on November 18, the Houston native premiered two singles yesterday; in addition to If I Were A Boy (which will be featured in the Booth tomorrow), she has released Single Ladies. The record, which many suspected to be an ‘empowerment anthem,’ finds Mrs. Carter stressing to the women of the world not to stay single for long. The instructions she provides are a hint for the single fellas to take notice and Put A Ring On It. Known to model her material after her own life experiences, Bey did get a certain hip-hop mogul to put a ring on her finger—one with an estimated value of $5,000,000.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.