No need for too much background info here, except to announce the following: ladies and gentlemen, Beyoncé is back! Ready to release her third studio album, I Am…, on November 18, the Houston native premiered two singles yesterday; in addition to If I Were A Boy (which will be featured in the Booth tomorrow), she has released Single Ladies. The record, which many suspected to be an ‘empowerment anthem,’ finds Mrs. Carter stressing to the women of the world not to stay single for long. The instructions she provides are a hint for the single fellas to take notice and Put A Ring On It. Known to model her material after her own life experiences, Bey did get a certain hip-hop mogul to put a ring on her finger—one with an estimated value of $5,000,000.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.