Every fiber of my being wants to begin this write-up on Beyoncé’s Love on the Top with a series of sexual entrendres, but in the words of Ron Burgundy, I’m going to keep it classy. On Top, currently best known as the song Queen B performed at the VMAs right before the pregnancy announcement, just got the official single green light, giving the album standout a new life. Shea Taylor and Beyoncé herself share production duties, assembling a horn heavy, live instrument driven beat that, like much of 4, simultaneously harkens back to early ‘90s pop/r&b and classic 60s soul. Vocally B strikes a similar balance, letting her dynamic voice soar above the track (shades of early Whitney perhaps?) but not engaging in the kind of vocal runs and complex breakdowns that she’s dove head first into in the past. So how about it DJBooth Nation? Will Love on Top be the right choice to propel 4 even further up the charts? Share your thoughts below – and don’t forget to applaud me for making it through this entire post without a single sexual pun.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.