In case you missed yesterday’s news, Beyoncé has returned to the musical spotlight to prepare for her upcoming junior album, I Am… Today, the Booth presents the second record in her new “dual single” set, If I Were A Boy (the first being Single Ladies, featured yesterday). While some listeners will immediately think of Ciara‘s similarly-titled Like A Boy because of the similarity in subject matter, the vibe and song makeup are both completely different, thanks to the guitar patterns of producer Toby Gad (see Fergie‘s Big Girls Don’t Cry). If we were a betting-site, which we most certainly are not, the Booth would put its money on If I Were A Boy to gain more airplay and enjoy higher chart success. Look for I Am… to land in stores on November 18.
Written by Burmy on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.