In case you missed yesterday’s news, Beyoncé has returned to the musical spotlight to prepare for her upcoming junior album, I Am… Today, the Booth presents the second record in her new “dual single” set, If I Were A Boy (the first being Single Ladies, featured yesterday). While some listeners will immediately think of Ciara‘s similarly-titled Like A Boy because of the similarity in subject matter, the vibe and song makeup are both completely different, thanks to the guitar patterns of producer Toby Gad (see Fergie‘s Big Girls Don’t Cry). If we were a betting-site, which we most certainly are not, the Booth would put its money on If I Were A Boy to gain more airplay and enjoy higher chart success. Look for I Am… to land in stores on November 18.
Written by Burmy on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.