In case you missed yesterday’s news, Beyoncé has returned to the musical spotlight to prepare for her upcoming junior album, I Am… Today, the Booth presents the second record in her new “dual single” set, If I Were A Boy (the first being Single Ladies, featured yesterday). While some listeners will immediately think of Ciara‘s similarly-titled Like A Boy because of the similarity in subject matter, the vibe and song makeup are both completely different, thanks to the guitar patterns of producer Toby Gad (see Fergie‘s Big Girls Don’t Cry). If we were a betting-site, which we most certainly are not, the Booth would put its money on If I Were A Boy to gain more airplay and enjoy higher chart success. Look for I Am… to land in stores on November 18.
Written by Burmy on 10/9/08
Beyonce is more than the Queen of R&B. She belongs to that extraordinarily rare group of celebrities who have transcended mere fame and fortune and become empires unto themselves. Beyonce is to modern radio R&B what Bill...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)