In case you missed yesterday’s news, Beyoncé has returned to the musical spotlight to prepare for her upcoming junior album, I Am… Today, the Booth presents the second record in her new “dual single” set, If I Were A Boy (the first being Single Ladies, featured yesterday). While some listeners will immediately think of Ciara‘s similarly-titled Like A Boy because of the similarity in subject matter, the vibe and song makeup are both completely different, thanks to the guitar patterns of producer Toby Gad (see Fergie‘s Big Girls Don’t Cry). If we were a betting-site, which we most certainly are not, the Booth would put its money on If I Were A Boy to gain more airplay and enjoy higher chart success. Look for I Am… to land in stores on November 18.
Written by Burmy on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.