In case you missed yesterday’s news, Beyoncé has returned to the musical spotlight to prepare for her upcoming junior album, I Am… Today, the Booth presents the second record in her new “dual single” set, If I Were A Boy (the first being Single Ladies, featured yesterday). While some listeners will immediately think of Ciara‘s similarly-titled Like A Boy because of the similarity in subject matter, the vibe and song makeup are both completely different, thanks to the guitar patterns of producer Toby Gad (see Fergie‘s Big Girls Don’t Cry). If we were a betting-site, which we most certainly are not, the Booth would put its money on If I Were A Boy to gain more airplay and enjoy higher chart success. Look for I Am… to land in stores on November 18.
Written by Burmy on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.