If you watch TV or frequent YouTube, it’s likely you’ve already gotten a taste of Beyoncé‘s latest jam as the soundtrack to a recent Pepsi spot, which depicted her doing impeccably-choreographed battle with several mirror reflections. Now, Knowles has liberated the full version of the record, which doubles as the first song release (not a single) off her fifth album. A more playful, but equally defiant counterpart to March promo cut Bow Down / I Been On, the Terius Nash-penned Grown Woman finds Timbaland serving up a syncopated, hip-swiveling percussion rhythm as the Destiny’s Child alum exults in the freedom of adulthood. Complete with an effervescent, overdubbed chorus and African-chant bridge, this joint is a tantalizing glimpse of what awaits on the pop heavyweight’s next full-length. Watch our pages for the latest on the currently-untitled set, which is due out before year’s end.
Written by richard on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.