If you watch TV or frequent YouTube, it’s likely you’ve already gotten a taste of Beyoncé‘s latest jam as the soundtrack to a recent Pepsi spot, which depicted her doing impeccably-choreographed battle with several mirror reflections. Now, Knowles has liberated the full version of the record, which doubles as the first song release (not a single) off her fifth album. A more playful, but equally defiant counterpart to March promo cut Bow Down / I Been On, the Terius Nash-penned Grown Woman finds Timbaland serving up a syncopated, hip-swiveling percussion rhythm as the Destiny’s Child alum exults in the freedom of adulthood. Complete with an effervescent, overdubbed chorus and African-chant bridge, this joint is a tantalizing glimpse of what awaits on the pop heavyweight’s next full-length. Watch our pages for the latest on the currently-untitled set, which is due out before year’s end.
Written by richard on 06/7/13
Before we talk about what we hear when we listen to Beyonce’s new self-titled album, first we have to talk about who we’re hearing. We’re hearing a woman with 17 Grammy Awards and over 150 million albums sold. A woman...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.