If you watch TV or frequent YouTube, it’s likely you’ve already gotten a taste of Beyoncé‘s latest jam as the soundtrack to a recent Pepsi spot, which depicted her doing impeccably-choreographed battle with several mirror reflections. Now, Knowles has liberated the full version of the record, which doubles as the first song release (not a single) off her fifth album. A more playful, but equally defiant counterpart to March promo cut Bow Down / I Been On, the Terius Nash-penned Grown Woman finds Timbaland serving up a syncopated, hip-swiveling percussion rhythm as the Destiny’s Child alum exults in the freedom of adulthood. Complete with an effervescent, overdubbed chorus and African-chant bridge, this joint is a tantalizing glimpse of what awaits on the pop heavyweight’s next full-length. Watch our pages for the latest on the currently-untitled set, which is due out before year’s end.
Written by richard on 06/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.