After she dropped her last album, I Am…Sasha Fierce, Beyoncé said she’d be taking some time off from the music grind, and sure enough it’s been almost two years since we’ve last featured a solo track from Queen B. The wait is over. Today, new single Run The World (Girls) leaked and after one listen it’s safe to say that Beyoncé’s name will once again be on the lips of everyone breathing. A sweating, dance floor ready cut, Girls finds producers Diplo and Switch grabbing Major Lazer’s dancehall banger Pon Da Floor and softening it just a touch, while still maintaining the original’s energy and strength. Vocally this is B at her most swaggerish, bringing back out the half-rap, half-rung style we last heard on previous release Diva. Call it a club joint or a ladies anthem if you want, just make sure you call Girls a hit. If this is the lead single I can only guess what Beyoncé has in store for us as she prepares to release her
unscheduled new album 4 – you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.