After she dropped her last album, I Am…Sasha Fierce, Beyoncé said she’d be taking some time off from the music grind, and sure enough it’s been almost two years since we’ve last featured a solo track from Queen B. The wait is over. Today, new single Run The World (Girls) leaked and after one listen it’s safe to say that Beyoncé’s name will once again be on the lips of everyone breathing. A sweating, dance floor ready cut, Girls finds producers Diplo and Switch grabbing Major Lazer’s dancehall banger Pon Da Floor and softening it just a touch, while still maintaining the original’s energy and strength. Vocally this is B at her most swaggerish, bringing back out the half-rap, half-rung style we last heard on previous release Diva. Call it a club joint or a ladies anthem if you want, just make sure you call Girls a hit. If this is the lead single I can only guess what Beyoncé has in store for us as she prepares to release her
unscheduled new album 4 – you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/19/11
In a strange way Beyoncé is a victim of her own success. She’s the closest we now have to Michael Jackson, a transcendent entertainer with the power to both sell out stadiums and have the White House on speed dial (and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.