After she dropped her last album, I Am…Sasha Fierce, Beyoncé said she’d be taking some time off from the music grind, and sure enough it’s been almost two years since we’ve last featured a solo track from Queen B. The wait is over. Today, new single Run The World (Girls) leaked and after one listen it’s safe to say that Beyoncé’s name will once again be on the lips of everyone breathing. A sweating, dance floor ready cut, Girls finds producers Diplo and Switch grabbing Major Lazer’s dancehall banger Pon Da Floor and softening it just a touch, while still maintaining the original’s energy and strength. Vocally this is B at her most swaggerish, bringing back out the half-rap, half-rung style we last heard on previous release Diva. Call it a club joint or a ladies anthem if you want, just make sure you call Girls a hit. If this is the lead single I can only guess what Beyoncé has in store for us as she prepares to release her
unscheduled new album 4 – you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.