Last week, Beyoncé released I Am…Sasha Fierce, her third solo album, bolstered by the buzz from its pair of lead singles, If I Were A Boy and Single Ladies. While the latest Soundscan report was unavailable at the time of this write-up, it is believed that the Queen B (and her record label, Columbia) is pleased with a solid showing in the neighborhood of 500,000 - 600,000 copies sold. Following the unofficially-remixed version of If I Were A Boy with Lee Carr (who recently sat down in the Booth for an exclusive interview), a new rendition has made its way to our inbox, this one featuring the Pied Piper of R&B, R. Kelly. On the new remix, the Chicago native talks about what a woman would really do, if in fact she were a boy (or as Kelly wisely sings, a guy). Up next for the Houston native is the release of her next two singles, Halo (off I Am) and Diva (off Sasha Fierce).
The streaming of this song has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 11/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.