Last week, Beyoncé released I Am…Sasha Fierce, her third solo album, bolstered by the buzz from its pair of lead singles, If I Were A Boy and Single Ladies. While the latest Soundscan report was unavailable at the time of this write-up, it is believed that the Queen B (and her record label, Columbia) is pleased with a solid showing in the neighborhood of 500,000 - 600,000 copies sold. Following the unofficially-remixed version of If I Were A Boy with Lee Carr (who recently sat down in the Booth for an exclusive interview), a new rendition has made its way to our inbox, this one featuring the Pied Piper of R&B, R. Kelly. On the new remix, the Chicago native talks about what a woman would really do, if in fact she were a boy (or as Kelly wisely sings, a guy). Up next for the Houston native is the release of her next two singles, Halo (off I Am) and Diva (off Sasha Fierce).
The streaming of this song has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 11/24/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.