It looks like our resident album reviewer, Nathan S., was spot-on in his prediction that the Sasha Fierce half of Beyoncé‘s latest LP would outperform I Am… on the charts. With Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) beating If I Were A Boy and Diva surpassing Halo, it’s time for Round 3 in the singles battle; facing off against underdog I Am… single Broken-Hearted Girl is the heavily-favored Sasha disc’s Ego. Mrs. Carter enlists the services of her hubby’s “little brother,” Kanye West, for the remix/single version—obviously not lacking on the ego front, ‘Ye lets the world know how frequently his gets stroked (warning: more double entendres ahead!) Though Elvis “BlacElvis” Williams’ jazzy beat could just as easily have been placed on I Am…, this cut should have no trouble continuing Sasha‘s hit streak, as well as inspiring YouTube’s next wave of homemade dance videos.
Written by Burmy on 04/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.