It looks like our resident album reviewer, Nathan S., was spot-on in his prediction that the Sasha Fierce half of Beyoncé‘s latest LP would outperform I Am… on the charts. With Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) beating If I Were A Boy and Diva surpassing Halo, it’s time for Round 3 in the singles battle; facing off against underdog I Am… single Broken-Hearted Girl is the heavily-favored Sasha disc’s Ego. Mrs. Carter enlists the services of her hubby’s “little brother,” Kanye West, for the remix/single version—obviously not lacking on the ego front, ‘Ye lets the world know how frequently his gets stroked (warning: more double entendres ahead!) Though Elvis “BlacElvis” Williams’ jazzy beat could just as easily have been placed on I Am…, this cut should have no trouble continuing Sasha‘s hit streak, as well as inspiring YouTube’s next wave of homemade dance videos.
Written by Burmy on 04/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.