It looks like our resident album reviewer, Nathan S., was spot-on in his prediction that the Sasha Fierce half of Beyoncé‘s latest LP would outperform I Am… on the charts. With Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) beating If I Were A Boy and Diva surpassing Halo, it’s time for Round 3 in the singles battle; facing off against underdog I Am… single Broken-Hearted Girl is the heavily-favored Sasha disc’s Ego. Mrs. Carter enlists the services of her hubby’s “little brother,” Kanye West, for the remix/single version—obviously not lacking on the ego front, ‘Ye lets the world know how frequently his gets stroked (warning: more double entendres ahead!) Though Elvis “BlacElvis” Williams’ jazzy beat could just as easily have been placed on I Am…, this cut should have no trouble continuing Sasha‘s hit streak, as well as inspiring YouTube’s next wave of homemade dance videos.
Written by Burmy on 04/5/09
Beyonce is more than the Queen of R&B. She belongs to that extraordinarily rare group of celebrities who have transcended mere fame and fortune and become empires unto themselves. Beyonce is to modern radio R&B what Bill...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)