It looks like our resident album reviewer, Nathan S., was spot-on in his prediction that the Sasha Fierce half of Beyoncé‘s latest LP would outperform I Am… on the charts. With Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) beating If I Were A Boy and Diva surpassing Halo, it’s time for Round 3 in the singles battle; facing off against underdog I Am… single Broken-Hearted Girl is the heavily-favored Sasha disc’s Ego. Mrs. Carter enlists the services of her hubby’s “little brother,” Kanye West, for the remix/single version—obviously not lacking on the ego front, ‘Ye lets the world know how frequently his gets stroked (warning: more double entendres ahead!) Though Elvis “BlacElvis” Williams’ jazzy beat could just as easily have been placed on I Am…, this cut should have no trouble continuing Sasha‘s hit streak, as well as inspiring YouTube’s next wave of homemade dance videos.
Written by Burmy on 04/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.