Wherever there’s a “ladies anthem” that involves a little misandry, there is usually a remix from the male perspective not too far behind. In this case, the cut in question is Beyoncé‘s quickly-rising hit If I Were A Boy, which has been given an unofficial remix treatment by R&B singer Lee Carr. Not willing to merely stand by and let B criticize men and their supposedly chauvinistic ways, Carr offers an opposing hypothetical “if you were my girl” perspective. No matter what gender you are, you cannot argue with the New York native’s message; neither gender is completely innocent when it comes to romantic relationships. Beyoncé’s third studio album, the two-disc I Am…Sasha Fierce, will be available in stores and online on November 18.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.