Wherever there’s a “ladies anthem” that involves a little misandry, there is usually a remix from the male perspective not too far behind. In this case, the cut in question is Beyoncé‘s quickly-rising hit If I Were A Boy, which has been given an unofficial remix treatment by R&B singer Lee Carr. Not willing to merely stand by and let B criticize men and their supposedly chauvinistic ways, Carr offers an opposing hypothetical “if you were my girl” perspective. No matter what gender you are, you cannot argue with the New York native’s message; neither gender is completely innocent when it comes to romantic relationships. Beyoncé’s third studio album, the two-disc I Am…Sasha Fierce, will be available in stores and online on November 18.
Written by Burmy on 11/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.