After careful selection, Beyoncé has chosen Get Me Bodied as the last single off her multi-platinum sophomore album, B’Day. Instead of releasing the album version, Ms. Knowles scooped up Fabolous off of her hubby’s Def Jam artist roster and made herself a remix. Safe to say anytime the award-winning beauty sings the rhetorical line “Do you want my body, come and get my body,” the unanimous and resounding “YES!” will dictate the success of the release. The production, which comes courtesy of Swizz Beatz and Sean Garrett, is soundly fitted for Beyoncé‘s diverse vocal range and even allows Fabolous to sound good (while slowly rapping about nothing but money.)
Written by DJ Z on 07/5/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.