Just in case you’ve been hanging out under a rock this holiday season, Beyoncé shocked the world last Friday with the surprise release of a new, self-titled album, which came complete with 17 music videos. One of two singles released thus far (You can peep the visuals for the other, XO, here.), Drunk in Love has elicited more discussion than any other track on the set, thanks to its frank depiction of female sexuality as well as the presence of Bey’s rap-mogul husband. Over Timbaland‘s minimalistic mix of Arabic-scale vocal arpeggios and scintillating synth-strings, Bey spins an opulent narrative of lust in the club, before passing the mic to Jay Z for a hot-and-heavy penultimate verse. Hype Williams crafts the cut’s equally steamy cinematic accompaniment. Feeling it? If you haven’t already, climb out from under the aforementioned rock and cop BEYONCÉ, available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 12/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.