Just in case you’ve been hanging out under a rock this holiday season, Beyoncé shocked the world last Friday with the surprise release of a new, self-titled album, which came complete with 17 music videos. One of two singles released thus far (You can peep the visuals for the other, XO, here.), Drunk in Love has elicited more discussion than any other track on the set, thanks to its frank depiction of female sexuality as well as the presence of Bey’s rap-mogul husband. Over Timbaland‘s minimalistic mix of Arabic-scale vocal arpeggios and scintillating synth-strings, Bey spins an opulent narrative of lust in the club, before passing the mic to Jay Z for a hot-and-heavy penultimate verse. Hype Williams crafts the cut’s equally steamy cinematic accompaniment. Feeling it? If you haven’t already, climb out from under the aforementioned rock and cop BEYONCÉ, available now wherever fine music is sold.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.