Just in case you’ve been hanging out under a rock this holiday season, Beyoncé shocked the world last Friday with the surprise release of a new, self-titled album, which came complete with 17 music videos. One of two singles released thus far (You can peep the visuals for the other, XO, here.), Drunk in Love has elicited more discussion than any other track on the set, thanks to its frank depiction of female sexuality as well as the presence of Bey’s rap-mogul husband. Over Timbaland‘s minimalistic mix of Arabic-scale vocal arpeggios and scintillating synth-strings, Bey spins an opulent narrative of lust in the club, before passing the mic to Jay Z for a hot-and-heavy penultimate verse. Hype Williams crafts the cut’s equally steamy cinematic accompaniment. Feeling it? If you haven’t already, climb out from under the aforementioned rock and cop BEYONCÉ, available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 12/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.