When the album version of Beyoncé‘s Drunk in Love single was released on December 17, the Internet opened its collective digital arms with a warm embrace. Fast forward exactly two months, and the Internet has fallen off of its collective wooden rocker thanks to a remixed version of the song that now features a sexually explicit opening verse from Kanye West. In highly entertaining and overtly graphic detail, West describes the moment when he knew that fiancé Kim Kardashian would be his wife. (For specifics, we suggest you take in the audio yourself.) Producer Mike Dean, who worked extensively on Yeezus, provides a few subtle, yet supremely-enhancing tweaks to the original production that was supplied by Detail, Timbaland and J Roc. Look out for official visuals for the remix, which have already been shot and were previewed this past weekend at Queen B’s Facebook page. Beyoncé, the album, is currently available for digital purchase.
Written by DJ Z on 02/17/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.