With the J. Cole-assisted single version of Beyoncé‘s Party riding high on the Billboard (and Booth) charts, DJ Ted Smooth has tried his hand at a more radical, unofficial revamp of the 4 inclusion. On this remix, Smooth flips a sample from Marvin Gaye’s Let’s Get It On to back the singer’s vocals, as well as Styles P.‘s newly-added guest bars. How does this rendition stack up against the version currently gracing the airwaves? Do you still prefer the Andre 3k-featuring original? As always, we eagerly await your feedback…
Written by richard on 11/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.